Cadre - 117
Recruitment to Sri Lanka Librarians Service is made purely from those who become qualified at an interview for verification of qualifications the basis of the results of a competitive examination conducted by the Commissioner General of Examination on behalf of Director General of Combined Services. 70% of the total vacancies is recruited on the basis of open stream and 30% on limited basis.
The method of application shall be published in the government Gazette by an exam notification
Minimum Qualification for the Service
- Open Stream – Shall be Citizen of Sri Lanka, Be not below 18 years and not above 30 years of age on the last day of the month preceding the month in which the closing date for applications falls, Minimum educational qualification – passing 06 subjects with credit passes for Sinhala/ Tamil/ English Language, Mathematics and other two subjects at G.C.E. (O/L) ( 05 subjects at one sitting) and shall have possessed a three-year diploma on Library Science from a recognized university or from Sri Lanka Library Association.
- Limited Stream - Shall have completed an active service of 10 years in a post of Library Assistants/Library Attendant and being confirmed in the same post. Also the officer shall have completed a satisfactory service of five years immediately preceding the date closing date of applications. (Maximum age limit will not be applicable in this respect)
Service minutes and related circulars
|Current Service Minutes|
|Minute of the Sri Lanka Librarians' Service||-||No 1620/22||-||2009.09.24||[ 206 KB ]
|Minute of the Sri Lanka Librarians' Service||-||No 1,002/13||-||1997.11.19|
- Public Administration Circular 19/2009
- Public Administration Circular 03/2010
- Public Administration Circular 03/2010 (I)