Strengthening the divisional administration in such a way, that the people get the maximum benefit.
Management of human resources in the divisional secretariats by building efficient and effective divisional administrative structure through proper supervision and management for the realization of the wishes of the people.
- Coordinating and guiding the activities of Divisional Secretaries.
- Appointment and Transfers of the Divisional Secretaries and Assistant Divisional Secretaries.
- Coordinating of building construction activities for Divisional Secretariats.
- Supervision of Divisional Secretariats.
- Revising systems and procedures and introducing better management systems for Divisional Secretariats’ staff.
- Conducting management competitions among Divisional Secretariats.
- Coordination of activities performed by other ministries though Divisional Secretariats.
- Activities related to reservation and management of circuit bungalows operating under the Home Affairs Division to Public Officers.
- Taking steps to improve the performance of divisional administration.
Transfer of Powers (Divisional Secretaries') Act, No- 58 of 1992 is the central source of power of the Divisional Secretaries.
Home Affairs Organization Structure
There are 313 Divisional Secretariats, 16 AGA Offices (Assistant Government Agent Offices) and 3 Sub Offices under the purview of Divisional Administration Division.
There are 12 Circuit Bungalows under the purview of Home Affairs Division. They are in the following places.
These can be reserved from the Divisional Administration Division of the ministry or the respective District Secretariat. The circuit bungalows can be reserved by government officers, semi-government officers and retired officers of these two sectors.