An excellent public service which ensures progress of the nation
Becoming a team of employees who has the capability to achieve a proud future with responsibility and transparency
- Establishment activities of District Secretaries, Additional District Secretaries, Assistant District Secretaries and the Accountants in District Secretariats.
- Holding monthly conferences of District Secretaries/ Government Agents
- Issuance of permits for holding commercial/social prize competitions and recovery of taxes
- Activities related to recruitment of Technical Officers, Receptionists, Documentation Assistants and Draftsman.
- Appointment of Notaries and all activities relating to them
- Granting approval for appointment of registrars of birth, marriages and death
- Establishment activities of the Department of Registrar General
- Issuing Gazette notifications on religious ceremonies and peraheras under Pilgrimage Ordinance
- Conducting Independence Celebrations, State sponsored funerals and other ceremonies
- Conducting “Janatha Sathkaraka” mobile service
- Dealing with the matters relating to national flag and national anthem
- Issuance of ceremonial items.
- Determination of poya holidays, public and bank holidays
- Updating and maintenance of order of precedence
- Dealing with activities relating to government quarters, allocation of common amenities and schedule houses, extension of the period of allocation, repairs etc.
- Coordination of progress review meetings – submission of the progress of the provincial progress review meetings conducted by the President’s Secretariat
Mr. N.W. Ariyarathna
Senior Assistant Secretary
Tel - +94-11 2683652 (Inter com- 762)
E-mail - sas-dist[at]pubad.gov.lk
Mr. D.D.C. Athukorala
Tel - +94-11 4937387 (Inter com- 763)
E-mail - asdist[at]pubad.gov.lk